Principle 1: user agency should be the forefront of my design.
- Users should be involved throughout the design process
- Designs should empower users
- All designs will carefully consider who or what has control in a human-design relationship
Principle 2: design is value-laden; the values of the users are the most important.
- User values should always be captured and maintained
- In design choices, be critical of whose values are are being privileged: that of the designer or user
- Users should have a voice in the design feedback loop
- Users deserve beauty
Principle 3: assumptions about the status-quo of digital technologies should be continually questioned in service of Principle 1.
- Find ways to question assumptions about permanence, accuracy, speed, numbers, authority, identity